Tuesday 4 September 2012

Book Review (131): The Assassin And The Pirate Lord - Sarah J. Maas


The Assassin and the Pirate Lord (Throne of Glass 0.1)

My Thoughts...
I initially ummed and aahed over whether or not to read the prequel novella's before reading Throne Of Glass, or read the novella's after the book, but I ended up on deciding that I'd like to know Celaena's back-story so I'd be better acquainted  when I do finally get around to the book, and I'm glad that I did.
Celaena is a sixteen-year old, tough kick-ass heroine whom I 
loved, she's an assassin, the best there is, she's sent to an island to collect a debt from an infamous pirate lord, she is accompanied by Sam, another assassin her age, they have an antagonistic relationship and mostly do nothing but fight.
But when Celaena finds out that the reason for being there is to transport slaves back home she knows that there is no way that she can let that happen, and so hatches a plan to free them.
This story was full of action and adventure, and being a novella it's only sixty pages give or take but there is so much story packed into those pages and there's never a dull momemt.
I can't wait to get to the other three and the book, I highly recommend these.
I give it 5/5.

1 comment: