Tuesday 18 September 2012

Book Review (141): Fearless - Brigid Kemmerer


Fearless (Elemental #1.5)

Publication: 31st July 2012
Publisher: K Teen
Pages: 44
Genre: Fantasy/Paranormal
Age Appropriate: Young Adult
Being a force of nature doesn’t keep you safe.


Hunter Garrity is used to watching his back. The kids at school sense something different about him. And they’re right.

Hunter has powers that have nothing to do with how hard he can throw a punch.

Maybe that’s what Clare Kasten is picking up. She’s shy, quiet, and intense, but she’s sought him out. There’s no telling what she wants from him.

But Hunter knows enough to sense a secret when it’s close. And getting close to Clare is a danger he’s ready to face…
My Thoughts...
I really liked Hunter's character in the first book Storm, and I was intrigued when I discovered that this novella was about his life before the events that took place in Storm.
This story explains the time leading up to the incident that occured with his father and uncle, and his time at his previous school when he was a victim of bullies.
Hunter was very naive and nothing like the teenager that he is now, having Clare suddenly befriend him, he doesn't think that she might have a motive, he's just happy that a girl is finally talking to him.
But in unknowingly teaching her something little does he know that it's about to backfire, and what he thought he was showing her out of friendship she was just using the information to help herself and in doing so will make Hunter do something that he never thought he would.
I did really like this story although I wasn't particularly a big fan of his Dad's, but there was a lot of action packed into such a short amount of pages.
But there was something ultimately missing and I can sum it up in two words 'MERRICK BROTHERS', yes that's why I love this series they just add a little something which I felt was missing in Hunter's story.
Still a great read and a really good addition to the Elemental series, this is fast turning out to be one of my favourite series,
I give this 4/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment