Sunday 29 September 2013

Book Review (255): Twisted Perfection (Perfection #1, Rosemary Beach #3) - Abbi Glines


Twisted Perfection (Perfection #1)

Publication: 30th July 2013
Publisher: Atria Books/Simon And Schuster
Pages: 247
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Appropriate: New Adult
My future was about to be completely thrown off track because Della Sloane was under my skin, and I had to have her. I couldn’t ignore it anymore . . . I’d gotten close enough to her to see deeper. 

Della Sloane is not your average girl. Yearning to break free of her dark and sheltered past and the memories of the illness that claimed her mother, Della plans a solo road trip to experience real life on her own terms. But the trip is nearly cut short in the little beach town of Rosemary when she realizes she can’t even pump her own gas—until Woods Kerrington shows up, more than willing to help out a pretty girl in need.

Woods’s family wants him to settle down with a wealthy woman in pearls, but he can’t resist this carefree girl in cutoffs passing through town. A one-night stand should have been enough, but months later, Woods can’t get the irresistible Della out of his head.

When a twist of fate brings Della back to Woods, all signs point to trouble if they don’t keep their distance. Neither is truly free, and a relationship could destroy both of them. With their hearts on the line, Della thinks the safest bet is to walk away. But Woods isn’t about to let that happen . . .
My Thoughts.
Twisted Perfection is the first book in the Perfection series and the third book in the Rosemary Beach saga both written by Abbi Glines.
At first I was a bit wary of this book, I wasn't a big fan of Woods when he first appeared in Fallen Too Far, but he grew on me throughout Never Too Far, and I was at least intrigued to see what would occur in this novel.
Della is on a road trip to nowhere, stopping in random places, taking jobs here and there, when she stops for gas in Rosemary Beach, having been away from civilization in a way she o course has no idea how to pump gas and ends up having to ask a total stranger for help, that stranger happens to be Woods.
There is an instant attraction between the two which results in them having a one night stand before Della leaves town, throughout a string of coincidences Della finds herself back in town and applying for a job at the local country club which is owned by Woods' family, and while both are happy to be reunited Woods is about to become engaged to someone through a so called arranged marriage chosen by his Father to merge the two families for business reasons.
But everyone knows that these two are meant for each other, further complicating their relationship is the secret Della has been hiding of her tragic childhood and her resulting issues, and when the wrong person finds out they'll stop at nothing to use this information to put a stop to their relationship no matter how they have to go about it.
I really liked how Woods and Della balance each other out as a couple and I look forward to their next book and the continuation of their story.
A very good addition to the series and I can't wait to see what's next.
I give this 4/5 Stars.
“You are mine. Do you hear me? You are mine, Della Sloane. I will take care of you. Nothing is taking you away from me. Nothing.” 
“Is she forever for you then? She's worth throwing it all away?"

"She's it. No one else. She's all I'm ever going to want.” 
“Because I can’t live without Della. I don’t want to. She’s the reason I get up in the mornings
“Anyone who meets you and doesn't want to get to know you and be part of your life is stupid. I saw it when I was just a kid."

"No. You thought I was a vampire and you wanted to be my friend so I wouldn't eat you."

"Well, that too. But I found out soon enough you weren't a blood sucker and I still licked you.” 

ABOUT ABBI


Abbi Glines was born in Birmingham, Alabama. She grew up in the small town of Sumiton, Alabama where she left the summer she turned eighteen. She didn’t get far… she chased her high school sweetheart down to the coast and she’s been there ever since.
Abbi now lives in the quaint southern town of Fairhope, Alabama with her three children and husband Keith (the high school sweetheart she chased after). Her life is never dull and Keith always makes sure there is another “experience” for them to explore.
Books published by Abbi include The Vincent Boys and the USA TODAY bestseller The Vincent Brothers, Breathe, Because of Low, the USA TODAY bestsellers While It Lasts and Just For Now, The Existence Trilogy that includes the USA Today Bestseller Ceaseless, andThe New York Times bestseller and Wall Street Journal bestseller Fallen Too Far. Currently she is working on Never Too Far, the sequel to Fallen too Far.
When Abbi isn’t locked away in her office typing away she is hauling her kids to and from their many social activities. You could say her second job is the Glines Kids personal chauffeur. It’s a rather illustrious job.
Blog 


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete