Saturday 26 April 2014

Book Review (324): Torn (Connections #2) - Kim Karr


Torn (Connections #2)

by 
 AmazonBarnes & NobleiTunesKobo.
Torn is the second book in the Connections series by Kim Karr.

Continuing on from the ending of the first book and the shocking twist we were left with, we catch up with Dahlia and River as they receive the life-changing news that will rock their new-found relationship and have them both fighting to keep alive the new life they've created together.

It's hard to write a review when any mention of the storyline may unintentionally destroy any potential you would have to be left flabbergasted, and trust me it's a shocker, something you would never in a million years guess.

The shocking return of a characters left a cliffhanger that would have left me biting my nails down to the quick, if I didn't have the second book on hand to go on with straight away.

And while I despised the character through the revelations of diary entries, there was nothing to endear me to them whatsoever, and I had no empathy for them or what happened with the character.

But as per the last book I adored River, from Dahlia's and his first interaction, to their meeting up again years later, the start of their time as a couple and the feeling and realisation that they are soul-mates, made their romance such a great story to read about.

Not without their ups and downs, but with a strong bond that will help them deal with this revelation and will only make them stronger as a couple.

Kim has written a story just as fantastic, exciting and as unputdownable as the first book, and I'm eager and anxiously awaiting to read the third book which features River's older brother Xander as the lead character.

A wonderfully written series that will please any and all fans of the new adult contemporary romance genre.

Highly recommended.

I give this 4/5 stars.


I live in Florida with my husband and four kids. I've always had a love for reading books and writing. Being an English major in college, I wanted to teach at the college level but that was not to be. I went on to receive an MBA and became a project manager until quitting to raise my family. I currently work part-time with my husband and full-time embracing one of my biggest passions—writing.

I wear a lot of hats! Writer, book-lover, wife, soccer-mom, taxi driver, and the all around go-to person of the family. However, I always find time to read. One of my favorite family outings use to be taking my kids to the bookstore or the library. Today, my oldest child is in college and my twins are juniors so they no longer go with me on these outings. And although I don't need to go to the actual store anymore because I have the greatest device ever invented—a Kindle, I still do. There's nothing like a paperback. So now my four year old and I make dates out of going to the bookstore--it's time I love and cherish.

I like to believe in soulmates, kindred spirits, true friends, and Happily-Ever-Afters. I love to drink champagne, listen to music, and hopes to always stay young at heart. 

Connected was my debut novel and is currently available on AmazonBarnes & Noble , iTunes and Kobo.

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Goodreads  |  Pinterest 

No comments:

Post a Comment