Saturday 7 June 2014

Book Review (339): Delectable (Big Sky Pie #1) - Adrianne Lee


Delectable (Big Sky Pie #1)

Delectable is a mouth-watering, cute and sweet contemporary romance concentrating on the opening of  the Big Sky Pie shop, by married but estranged couple Quint and Callie who's divorce is soon to be finalised.

Forced to work together again after Quint's Mother suffers a severe heart attack before she even manages to open the cafe, Quint and Callie to stay on track for opening day come together to find pastry chef's to help them proceed with Quint's Mother's plan to enter into an event which would spread the word about the new cafe and drum up business.

Quint lost his Father some months ago and in his grief pushed Callie away and had no qualms when she suggested a divorce, away fishing for the last few months he comes back to town to discover much has changed, his realty office has been taken over by his Mother's new pie shop leaving him with nowhere to run his neglected business from, when Callie stops in on her way to Seattle to start at a cooking school, they run into each other again and the sparks fly but Callie doesn't want to be hurt again by Quint, but he realises he made the biggest mistake of his life letting her go and he will do anything he can to reunite them and stop the divorce from going through.

Filled with pies, romance and and a second chance at love this book was such a delight to read, Adrianne has created a story that was so intriguing and so hard to put down, I will definitely be checking out the rest of this series, I really want to see the other characters happily ever afters.

It's probably also a good idea to have something to snack on while reading this book, the desriptions of these pies throughout the book will leave you salivating and hungry!

A quick and fast read, that is very enjoyable.

I give this 4/5 stars.







I’ve been married to my high school sweetheart since those good old rock and roll days when Elvis was The King and The Beatles were galloping over the horizon. We live on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula; the Olympic mountains range is the eye candy out my office window.
My adopted cat, Spooky, is always curled up near me as I create my stories thesedays.
My career as a writer started in junior high school in the form of poetic rhymes and continued to my senior year, when I contemplated writing a book, dreaming up characters disturbingly reminiscent of my classmates. But other than a few notes, the book never left the planning stage. I had a discouraging experience in a creative writing course I was taking at the time and being a sensitive teenage girl. . . I didn’t attempt writing stories again for twenty years. I restarted my writing career by taking a community college writing 101 course. The teacher was wonderfully encouraging and luckily for me, I met my first critique group in that class. At the time, I was writing Mysteries and the others in my new critique group were all writing Romance. Since I’ve always been a romantic at heart, I ended up adding romance to my mysteries.
Lots of romance.
Or as one of the characters in my new story would say, “Sex and Murder!”
I call my Romantic/Suspense and Mysteries “Sexy Whodunits.” Romantic Times calls my Contemporary Romances “HOT!!!”
I love to hear from my readers, and welcome you to email me.  Visit me on my Amazon Author Page for more updates & book information!

No comments:

Post a Comment