Friday 28 June 2013

Book Review (238): Rockoholic - C.J Skuse



Rockoholic

by 
But when she gets him home to her garage she finds that he is nothing like his public persona that she is in love with, instead he's an ungrateful, rude, drug addict whom doesn't like people physically touching him and in his own words is incapable of love.
With the help of her 'gay' best-friend Mac they hide him as best as they can from Jody's Mother and sister especially when he's reported missing and with everybody on the look-out for him Jackson refuses to leave, not wanting to go back to his rock star lifestyle that he's so desperate to escape from.
I love having this book set in England, I don't get to read too may books set here so it's great when I find a book that is, the English slang I guess you could say isn't too bad at all, although in saying that both my parents are English so that may be why I find it easier to understand.
This is a very quick read that all fans of Contemporary books should pick up.
I give this 3.25/5 Stars.

“I only got to see three songs, Mac"
"That does not entitle you to take home the lead singer, Jody"
"I know"
"Most people settle for a T-shirt or a poster. Not Jody. Jody wants actual band members”
 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a cute read. But eww...I hate Curly Wurlys...lol. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love Curly Wurly's!! this sounds like an interesting read :P I love contemporary books!!

    ReplyDelete