Sunday 7 July 2013

(ARC) Book Review (242): Silence Of The Wolves (Call Of The Wilderness #1) - Hannah Pole


Silence of the Wolves

Publication: 26th June 2013
Publisher: Carina UK
Pages: 251
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Age Appropriate: Adult
Fate is calling… 
After a strange encounter in a dark alley, journalist Tamriel’s life is turned upside down. She’s missing days, developing odd new abilities, and being followed by mysterious Leyth. 
Dark, dangerous – and too gorgeous for his own good –Leyth’s determined to teach Tamriel about her new life – as a werewolf! And just as intent on keeping their relationship strictly business. 
But as their simmering bond grows, Tamriel and Leyth face a bigger challenge; Tam may be their kind’s strongest weapon against the Circle, a deadly group of paranormal creatures gone rogue. That is, if she’s ready to give into her destiny and put up the fight of her life...
My Thoughts.
I absolutely loved this book, I can see author Hannah Pole having an exceptional career if this debut novel is anything to go by.
From reading this book you just get the sense that there's no way that this could be a debut novel, it feels as if this is the work of someone who's been writing for years and has a library of books to their name, that's how well written this was.
As soon as I saw the cover and read the synopsis I was sold, anything paranormal and I'll devour it and this was no exception!
The author's take on all the mythological beings throughout the story was so fresh and different than what I normally read in a book of this genre, which made me love it all the more.
The characters were well written and fleshed out and added to the intriguing storyline.
Tamtriel 'Tam' and Leyth have such great chemistry together that I found myself egging them on throughout, eager for them both to admit their feelings towards one another, and really happy when they finally did.
I'm really excited that there will be a second book based on a different couple, and I hope that there's many more to come, I'm now invested in this world that Hannah has created, and will eagerly await each instalment in this series.
My only complaint is that you can only buy this in ebook form, I would have loved a physical copy for my bookshelf.
Hannah you've definitely found yourself a fan and I look forward to many more books in the future.
I give this 5/5 Stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment