Sunday 6 September 2015

Book Review (496): Until Friday Night (The Field Party #1) - Abbi Glines


Until Friday Night (The Field Party #1)






I have been a huge Abbi Glines fan for quite a while now, I know that when I pick up one of her books whether it be YA or New Adult I will find myself immersed and enraptured in whatever world of hers I'm reading at the time, her ability to transition between the two different age brackets is flawless never have I read a bad book by her, I love them all, and Until Friday Night is no different.

I knew just from reading the synopsis that I was going to enjoy this book, Abbi can write tragedy extremely well, with her writing you can find yourself overcome with emotion, which I did more than a few times throughout this story, but I find that's the way to tell if someone is a great writer, if I find myself crying while reading a book and it wasn't just the once then that's the making of a true author, to have you caring enough about a character(s) that you feel their every pain as if it were your own, and that's what I'm guaranteed to get with every book of Abbi's that I pick up, she is one of the best author's around, and I can't get enough of her books.

I'm glad that this is going to be a series and not just a standalone, there are quite a few characters that deserve their own books, Brady in particular who's book I'm hoping will be released next, and also glad that while the series is based around American football it's not heavy with information about the game, there is mention of a couple of things but for those of us not into sport it's a welcome relief that the story isn't saturated with all that is football.

I can certainly see myself re-reading Until Friday Night at some point, it was thoroughly enjoyable, with just the right amount of drama and romance that will keep you glued to the pages, another winner from Abbi, I suggest that everyone should pick this up.

I give this 5/5 stars.


When Abbi isn’t locked away in her office typing away she is hauling her kids to and from their many social activities. You could say her second job is the Glines Kids persoSince publishing her first novel Breathe in May of 2011, Abbi has also released The New York Times bestselling Seabreeze Series which includes Breathe, Because of Low, While It Lasts, Just For Now and Sometimes It Last, The Existence Trilogy that includes the USA Today Bestseller Ceaseless. New York Times and USA TODAY bestsellers The Vincent Boys and The Vincent Brothers. Last but not least her most popular series to date, Rosemary Beach which includes The New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestsellers Fallen Too Far, Never Too Far, Forever Too Far, Twisted Perfection and Simple Perfection. Her newest book scheduled to be released on December 17th, 2013 is Misbehaving (Seabreeze).nal chauffeur. It’s a rather illustrious job.
 She maintains a Twitter addiction at @AbbiGlines and can also be found at facebook.com/AbbiGlinesAuthor and AbbiGlines.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment