Wednesday 30 March 2022

Head Stuck In A Book: Book Review: The Fine Print (Dreamland Billionaires #1) - Lauren Asher

 




Released: 25th January 2022


448 Pages. RRP. $22.99

Rowan
I'm in the business of creating fairy tales.
Theme parks. Production companies. Five-star hotels.
Everything could be all mine if I renovated Dreamland.
My initial idea of hiring Zahra was good in theory, but then I kissed her.
Things spiraled out of control once I texted her using an alias.
By the time I realized where I went wrong, it was too late.
People like me don't get happy endings.
Not when we're destined to ruin them.

Zahra
After submitting a drunk proposal criticizing Dreamland's most expensive ride, I should have been fired.
Instead, Rowan Kane offered me a dream job.
The catch? I had to work for the most difficult boss I'd ever met.
Rowan was rude and completely off-limits, but my heart didn't care.
At least not until I discovered his secret.
It was time to teach the billionaire that money couldn't fix everything.
Especially not us.

Dreamland Billionaires is the first book in a series of interconnected standalones following three billionaire brothers.

Review.

I always knew I was going to like The Fine Print; I didn't know I was going to love it as much as I did.
This is a book you always hope to find, you know the ones where you keep going to put it down, and you tell yourself one more chapter, and find yourself repeating that pattern, over and over, and when you do eventually put it down, you feel the need to pick it right back up.
Featuring one of my all-time favourite tropes, the "grumpy-sunshine" romance, I couldn't get enough of Zahra and Rowan; I loved their first meeting, interactions, and everything.
The idea of having this story set around a Disneyland type of Amusement Park was another great part of the storyline.
There was never a dull moment, and I flew through this book; I didn't want it to end.
I'm excited that I have the second book in this series to dive right into, it would have to be something extra special to take over The Fine Print as my favourite, but I'm so happy to find out.

Thanks to Hachette Australia for this free review copy; all thoughts are my own.






No comments:

Post a Comment