Friday 13 May 2022

ARC: Book Review: Stone Cold - Winter Renshaw

 


Released: 14th May 2022


The most humiliating moment of my life begins with an early morning message from my ex’s notoriously heartless best friend.

Jovie—

In no way does this mean my opinion of you has changed.

I’m reaching out because sometime in the middle of last night you tagged yourself in Jude and Stassi’s engagement photo.

I don’t care if you were drunk or it was unintentional. I suggest you remove it immediately since the wedding is in two months (which I’m sure you know since you were clearly FB stalking them). The damage is done, but no reason to make things more awkward.

You’re welcome.

Stone

I waste no time removing my accidental tag before the sharp-tongued novelist in me fires off a response to the man who harbored extreme and inexplicable hatred of me during the three years I dated his best friend in college.

Only I didn’t expect him to respond.

And nothing could have prepared me for what he would say …

… or for all the ways this gorgeous villain with cruel icy blues would become the biggest plot twist my life had ever known.

Review.

I'm hitting the jackpot this year when it comes to great five star reads; Stone Cold is no exception.
This was a fun, quick, contemporary romance that I didn't want to end; I loved Jovie and Stone, both together and apart.
I also really appreciated the dual POV'S, I wish every romance writer did that; I think this story needed it, especially with the flashbacks.
Stone Cold is one of those books that, if you're having a bad day it would lift your spirits; it's cute and sweet, with great characters and an intriguing storyline.
It had me reading till after two in the morning; while I could have finished reading it then and there, I made myself put it down so I'd still have seventy pages left for the next day because I wanted to delay getting to the end.
This was my first Winter Renshaw book, and it certainly won't be my last.

I received this book to review from Hidden Gems; all thoughts are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment