Monday 12 March 2012

Book Review (64).

Everneath (Everneath #1)


Ever since this book appeared on Goodreads I've wanted it, drawn in by the absolutely gorgeous cover I was even more excited after reading the synopsis and couldn't wait to get my hands on a copy.
And I loved it, I devoured this book I couldn't get enough.
I was conflicted I wanted to rush through it to find out how Brodi ended this book but then another part of me was thinking you do that and yeah you'll be finished it but then you have to wait till next year to read the next one, and I really can't wait!
I really can't put into words the epicness of this book, Brodi is a genius for creating something so fresh, exciting and unputdownable.
Anyway your probably wanting me to stop babbling on so you can find out about the story, Nikki is released from the Everneath after a century of having her emotions and memories sucked out of her by Cole, which works out to six months in human time, all that time she has one image in her head that of a boy who's name she can't remember but who's face she definately does.
Nikki only has six months until she's sucked back into the Everneath for good either to the tunnels where she'll spend eternity getting sucked dry or as Cole's Queen.
After returning to school and having everyone believing she was in rehab all that time she runs into the boy who's face she never forgot Jack her boyfriend at the time she was taken, he never believed that she ran away and spent months searching for her and after so long of having no luck in finding her he withdrew into himself.
Cole is constantly turning up in her bedroom every night trying to convince her to become his Queen, she just wants to stay but knowing that's not possible she spends that time trying to say good-bye to her family and friends.
Jack is determined to find out why she left and because she acts so indifferent around him whether she remembers him at all especially as she arrives back on the surface devoid of emotions.
I love how if Nikki is thinking of something that the story takes you back and let's you read about that moment so throughout the book you're getting glimpses as to how Nikki ended up in the Everneath and the moment she first realised where she was.
And the inclusion of Mythology just makes it that much more exciting, and how the story of Eurydice and Orpheus plays a big part.
And now let's talk about Jack I looooove him and the fact that he held onto hope when she was gone, their whole relationship before and after Everneath was so sweet, and the story of how they first met had me laughing, and I'm definately Team Jack all the way.
I cannot say enough good things about this book and that ending OMG I was so close to tears but when you're sitting in the tea room at work eating lunch it's not such a great idea, I need to know now what happen's next I really, really can't wait!
Brodi please write faster I really don't have any patience to have to wait so long!
I give this 5/5.
A Big Thanks To Caroline @ Simon And Schuster Australia.

2 comments:

  1. I have a copy of this sat on my shelf waiting for me - and now I'm even more excited to read it! Thanks for a great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks absolutely enticing. I'm definitely putting it on my to buy and read list. There is just no other way. I have to read this like now!

    ReplyDelete