Wednesday 21 March 2012

The Hunger Games Movie Review.

Last night I attended the midnight screening of The Hunger Games and I was definitely blown away.
So while it's been quite a while since I've read the book I couldn't say how much was left out of the movie but what they put in was fantastic.
The action was great and the Capitol was done so well with the costuming of the citizens and the buildings were more than I could have imagined.
I loved Jennifer Lawrence in this movie and feel that they picked the perfect person to play the leading heroine Katniss.
As for Josh Hutcherson in the role of Peeta well he didn't do it for me at all, I had my doubts before the movie (everytime I see him I think of him as that kid from Zathura and R.V) whether that's why I don't know, but he is nothing like how I envisioned him while reading the book, don't get me wrong he's a good actor but I felt they could have picked somebody better.
Liam Hemsworth was another actor I didn't like in his role as Gale, and again not who I pictured as this character at all, (if I hadn't read the books already and had to pick who Katniss should end up with I don't think I'd want to choose either).
I loved Woody Harrelson as Haymitch I think they made a perfect choice, he plays comedy and Haymitch's drunkeness perfectly.

And I feel that they did a fantastic job with the rest of the casting.
So please you need to all go out and see this brilliant movie and let me know if you agree with my opinions on the actor's playing Peeta and Gale or whether it's just me.
I will definitely be seeing this a time or to before it's finished at the movie's.
Aside from the 2 casting choices I didn't agree with I still give this 10/10.





8 comments:

  1. I loved hearing you opinions! Check out my blog sometime sunday to read my opinions of the movie!
    That's fantastic that you got to see a midnight screening! I loved the pictures you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay. I initially thought I would wait until the hype died down to go see this movie. But after reading your review, I don't know if I can. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to hear that this movie is awesome! I was really worried, I hoped they weren't going to butcher it like Percy Jackson and Twilight. I will be going to the midnight showing tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet review and i am not jealous at all *turns green with envy*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that they did an awesome job with the movie (although I haven't read it recently either).

    However, I completely disagree over Liam, Josh and Woody lol. Liam is exactly how I pictures Gale, Josh has actually got me TO LIKE PEETA! I never believed that would be possible. And as for Woody, I don't think he got the role at all. He payed the drunk part well but as for the rest... even after a second viewing I didn't like him.

    But I LOVED JLaw. I totally agree that she was amazing! I just wished they did more with the fighting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going for an Advance showing tonight - so fingers crossed I enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg! Now i want to watch it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My friend and I will be catching Hunger Games on Monday and I haven't finished the book. Opps and I don't think I'll be able to continue reading with a fairly busy weekend ahead of me. ;D I've been hearing a lot of good reviews for Jennifer Lawrence too so I'm looking forward to that and hope to check out her previous movie sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete