Friday 4 July 2014

(ARC) Book Review (359): Delicious (Big Sky Pie #2) - Adrianne Lee


Delicious (Big Sky Pie #2)

Publication: 24th June 2014
Publisher: Forever
Pages: 240
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Appropriate: Adult
Workaholic Nick Taziano is the proud owner of a successful marketing company in Montana. But his career takes a backseat when he learns his dad plans to remarry his ex. Nick fears she'll break his heart . . . again. And he doesn't like being reunited with her obnoxious daughter-until the all-grown-up beauty kisses him at the engagement party. The kiss might be a mistake, but once he tastes Jane's lips, nothing-not even her famous blueberry pie-compares.

A promising chef at Big Sky Pie, Jane Wilson never, ever wanted to see Nick Taziano again, but he's just been hired to do the pie shop's marketing. How's a girl supposed to bake the best pastries in town when he's a constant reminder of their steamy chemistry? His chocolate eyes and sexy dimples heat up the kitchen-and every part of her body. Jane has no room for a man in her life, yet sometimes the most delicious dishes don't follow the recipe . . .
My Thoughts.
Delicious is the second book in the Big Sky Pie series, focusing on the love lives of the employees of the Big Sky Pie cafe, the new pastry chef Jane who was lucky enough to get her job straight out of culinary school is dealing with the fact that her Mom is remarrying her second husband Romeo, at their engagement party to avoid talking to him she kisses a complete stranger, not realising till afterwards that it was Romeo's son Nick, her despised ex step-sibling, sparks ignite and there is certainly chemistry there.
The grand opening of Big Sky Pie isn't very far away so they decide to hire someone to do some promotion and marketing of the cafe, that turns out to be the owners son Quint's best-friend Nick, much to the horror of Jane after the embarrassment of their kiss, and while Nick is only too willing to see where a relationship could go, Jane has no such plans for a relationship in the near future, especially with Nick, but he is determined to change her mind no matter how long it takes.
This series is so much fun, the characters are extremely likeable, and the romances are sweet with obstacles in the couples way that they have to overcome before they can have their happily ever afters.
Adrianne's books are a joy to read which leave you grinning from ear to ear, I look forward to the other books in this series, and hopefully many more couples to come.
I give this 4/5 stars.







I’ve been married to my high school sweetheart since those good old rock and roll days when Elvis was The King and The Beatles were galloping over the horizon. We live on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula; the Olympic mountains range is the eye candy out my office window.
My adopted cat, Spooky, is always curled up near me as I create my stories thesedays.
My career as a writer started in junior high school in the form of poetic rhymes and continued to my senior year, when I contemplated writing a book, dreaming up characters disturbingly reminiscent of my classmates. But other than a few notes, the book never left the planning stage. I had a discouraging experience in a creative writing course I was taking at the time and being a sensitive teenage girl. . . I didn’t attempt writing stories again for twenty years. I restarted my writing career by taking a community college writing 101 course. The teacher was wonderfully encouraging and luckily for me, I met my first critique group in that class. At the time, I was writing Mysteries and the others in my new critique group were all writing Romance. Since I’ve always been a romantic at heart, I ended up adding romance to my mysteries.
Lots of romance.
Or as one of the characters in my new story would say, “Sex and Murder!”
I call my Romantic/Suspense and Mysteries “Sexy Whodunits.” Romantic Times calls my Contemporary Romances “HOT!!!”
I love to hear from my readers, and welcome you to email me.  Visit me on my Amazon Author Page for more updates & book information!

No comments:

Post a Comment