Thursday 24 February 2022

Head Stuck In A Book: ARC Review: Vestige (Fallen Angels #1) - Zara Dusk

 


Release Date: 25th February 2022


My sister was murdered by an angel. And I’m going to repay the favor.

Sure, angels are hard to kill—but not impossible. Those celestial bastards aren’t as immortal as they’d like us to believe.

I just have to figure out who the hell he is, then smoke his ass. Sure. Easy.

When the angel turns out to be a sinfully sexy master of seduction, my plan falls to pieces. It seems he’s been seeking someone like me for centuries because I have something he needs. And no, I don’t have a clue what that is. But trust me, I’ll find out.

Then I’ll kill him.

Life is hard enough in the underground city. Most folks only go outside during dawn and dusk, avoiding the extreme temperatures of day and night. Nobody likes a frozen eyeball. But the heat coming off this damn angel is scorching, any time of the day.

My life becomes a battle between seduction and revenge, and I’m not sure I can win.

Join Scarla as she kicks some angel ass. Or fails to. You can provide the honeyed wine.


My Review

First off, kudos and thanks to whoever designed this cover; I could stare at it all day.
It's been a while since I've read a decent Angel book, with Vestige I'm happy to say I've found a very enjoyable one.
Set in a world where the weather conditions are harsh, our heroine Scarla lives in a community underground with her Father; she is obsessed with finding out who killed her sister Leesa.
Scarla sets out to find answers; during her search, she discovers that Angel's are real, and one of them is responsible for her sister's death.
So when she's kidnapped and held captive by an Angel, because of something she has that he wants for himself, Scarla finds it hard to resist being seduced by this fallen Angel before she can kill him.
I really enjoyed the sexual chemistry in this book; it is hot!
While both our main protagonists deny their feelings for one another, you can't help but await the time they finally give in and just get it on; there just isn't enough Angel smut going around, but I am here for it!
And don't get me started on the Angel feathers/wings; who knew feathers could be so arousing.
I love Scarla; she's a kick-ass chick who doesn't take crap from anyone; paired with her broody, mortal-hating, seductive Angel/kidnapper, the dialogue is witty and, at times, quite funny.
I'm a big fan of the few chapters told from the point of view of our hero; I only wish there was more; I really enjoyed them; I loved reading what he was thinking.
So I can't finish this review without mentioning the end; of course, it had a cliff-hanger; of course, I'm in desperate need of the next book; I'm dying to know what happens.
I highly recommend this book as a great start to a new series, and I'm anxiously awaiting book two.

No comments:

Post a Comment