Thursday 5 July 2012

Feature And Follow Friday (33).


Q: Jumping Genres: Ever pick up a book from a genre you usually don’t like and LOVE it? Tell us about it and why you picked it up in the first place.

I never really read straight up Fantasy books, but years ago back when I was in primary school we had a school fair and they were selling cheap books, having read everything in my house I picked this up and thought I'd give it a go, and I absolutely loved it!
All together there was 13 books including or to do with the series and I've read every one, and loved them all!

Pawn of Prophecy (The Belgariad #1)

Long ago, so the storyteller claimed, the evil God Torak sought dominion over all and drove the world to war. Now the one talisman keeping this sinister force from seizing power has been disturbed—and no one will be safe. . . .
Raised on a quiet farm by his Aunt Pol, Garion spends his days lounging in his aunt’s warm kitchen and playing in the surrounding fields with his friends. He has never believed in magic, despite the presence of a cloaked, shadowless stranger who has haunted him from a distance for years. But one afternoon, the wise storyteller Wolf appears and urges Garion and his aunt to leave the farm that very night. Without understanding why, Garion is whisked away from the only home he has ever known—and thrown into dark and unfamiliar lands. 

Thus begins an extraordinary quest to stop a reawakened evil from devouring all that is good. It is a journey that will lead Garion to discover his heritage and his future. For the magic that once seemed impossible to Garion is now his destiny.



18 comments:

  1. oh wow 13 books? that's a lot lol. you must've really loved it! old follower!

    My FF

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have honestly I always wanted to read this book after reading Eragon, but for some reason just never got around to it. Will have to def pick it up now.

    New Follower --

    ~V

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah! New follower hopping through! I haven't read anything by David Eddings, but I'm not huge on fantasy. I am impressed with any series that has 13 books though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a neat book! It looks good and maybe I'll check into it since I do like some fantasy. New follower! Stop by My F&F ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like fantasy, although, I have to admit that I've only really read fantasy-lite. I just added this series to my Goodreads TBR! I also love the fact that it has a male main character -- that almost never happens in the genres I read (YA).

    My Friday memes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might have to check it out, I wasn't big into fantasy either until I started my blog.

    MyFF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through. I hated to read fantasy until I read HP. Now I love it.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping through, I only read mystery novels when i was a kid, nothing else would interest me, until a few years ago, now all I read are fantasy, paranormal, mystery (I still love them), etc.

    New follower


    My FF post

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantasy isn't my favorite but I read it sometimes. Glad this one worked out for you.

    New follower Via Linky

    -Amanda P
    Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to admit, fantasy is one of my favourite genres, and the thing that really inspired me as far as reading goes, so I've read a lot. The Belgariad is an awesome series though, and I really do usually end up loving anything David Eddings writes. Glad you enjoyed, and what a fab pick!

    My FF this week

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOh nice! Haven't heard of that one! I do like fantasy myself!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My other half loves this series, haven't tried it myself.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never heard of this series, have a happy Friday!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. 13 books in a series and I haven't heard of it? Weird! But that's definitely how it is most of the time, I guess. That people pick up a book without planning it and then falling in love with it...
    I'm a new follower and if you want to see my FF you can find it here:
    http://booksmartie.blogspot.de/2012/07/feature-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree I'm so difficult with fantasy books... But I didn't know this one, I need to check it. thanks

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow that's a really lucky find. Not only a great series but one with more than enough books to keep you occupied haha.

    Old Follower
    Sandy
    My FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  17. If the fantasy books have great characters, I'm in! Wow, you stuck through 13 books, that's impressive!

    New follower via GFC!

    Come by my blog, Ensconced in YA!
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-and-follow-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. THE BELGARIAD! AND THE MALLOREAN! AND BEGARATH THE SORCEROR! AND POLGARA THE SORCERESS! AND THE RIVAN CODEX! ASDFGHJKGDJHFADJA.

    Seriously, there are no words for how much I ADORE this series. I'd read 'fantasy' in terms of the Narnia Chronicles, growing up, and I ADORED them, but this was the first fantasy I read as an older reader (like, 13, 14), and I feel madly in love. I read my Dad's copies of them until they literally fell to pieces. ADORE.

    ReplyDelete