Saturday 4 August 2012

Book Review (119). Half-Blood - Jennifer L. Armentrout


Half-Blood (Covenant #1)







I love the banter between these two and I have so many favourite quotes I could add to this review, instead I'll just add a few.
"You need to work on your upper body strength, Alex. Not your motor speech skills."
I glanced down at the dumbbell and pictured it flying across the room-at his face. But it was such a nice face, and I'd hate to ruin it.
"Alex stop staring at me and do some cardio." He flipped another page. I blinked. "I hope that book of yours is on charm and personality skills."
I propped myself onto my elbows, scowling. "How come you smile when you knock me down?" He offered his hand. "It's the little things that make me happy."
These two have such amazing chemistry together, and even though you know that they can't be together, I did nothing but wish for it the whole book through, and fingers crossed my wishes will eventuate and I will be an extremely happy girl!
The fact that you know that Alex and Aiden belong together makes it harder to wait, but I'm positive that somehow they will find a way.
We also have the arrival of Seth the Apollyon (a Half-Blood who has all the elemental powers plus a fifth one), at the Covenant, he will end up changeing Alex's life forever!
Alex and Seth have quite a few of their own hilarious comments.
"Um... sorry, I didn't see you." "Obviously. You were staring at the ground as if it had done something terrible to you."
I shot him a warning look. "I don't care if you can shoot lightening from your hand. I will kick you in the face."
I could go on and on with all of the quotes I loved in this book, Armentrout's writing is simply fantastic and I can't seem to get enough.
There were so many twists and turns in this book which kept the story fresh and exciting, and had me rushing through the pages.
I can't recommend this book highly enough, please do yourselves all a favour and pick this series up, you won't be sorry!
I give this a huge 5/5.







3 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about this author! Last week I finally bought Obsidian. I'm putting this book on my wish list. Thanks for the great review!

    Helene @ Helene's World of Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really sounds awesome! One question though, does the series is somewhat preachy? Because that kind of pet peeves me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's not preachy at all, give it a go it's a fantastic series! :)

      Delete