Saturday 25 August 2012

Book Review (127): Blood Storm - Rhiannon Hart


Blood Storm (Lharmell #2)

Publication: 1st August 2012
Publisher: Random House Australia
Pages: 384
Genre: Fantasy
Age Appropriate: Young Adult
**Warning This Review Contains Spoilers From The Previous Book In The Series**
The rain wanted to be ocean; the ice in the mountain caps wanted freedom. I never knew that water held such longing. The clouds above my head rumbled like a growling wolf, impatient to release their burden. I held the rain there a moment longer. I turned to Renata, heard her gasp and knew my eyes glowed blue.

I spoke a single word. 'Rain.'

In the Second Book of Lharmell, Zeraphina and Rodden must travel across the sea to find the elusive ingredients that will help them to win the coming battle against the Lharmellin – but shadows from Rodden’s dark past may come back to haunt him. And while she learns to harness her new abilities, Zeraphina still fights the hunger that makes her crave the north – not to mention avoiding her mother, who wants to see her wayward daughter married to a prince at all costs.
My Thoughts..
Why it has taken me so long to read this series is definitely beyond me, it's full of adventure, humour and a great sizzling tension between out heroine and hero, Zeraphina and Rodden.
The first book Blood Song was so good and this one was as good as the first, but with a killer ending that left me jaw-droppingly speechless and desperately needing and wanting the third book to read, unfortunately it won't be released till next year.
It's been five months since the end of the last book, Zeraphina has stayed in Pergamia, training with Rodden to eventually defeat the Lharmellen's, her seventeenth birthday is drawing near and her mother Queen Renata is back home in Amentia searching for a husband (preferably a Prince) to marry Zeraphina now that she will be of marrying age, but Zeraphina is not interested in marrying somebody just to produce heirs, she want's to marry someone of her own choosing, she's also in love with Rodden but he doesn't seem to reciprocate her feelings.
'Me and Rodden nothing. I'm marrying a limp-wristed inbreed and I can't wait.'
Rodden has discovered a lot of mysterious deaths outside of Pergamia which point to Harmings, he and Zeraphina journey to these places to investigate and also to collect materials to make up the poison which is fatal to all with Lharmell blood, there is a lot of action and adventure in their travels and nothing ever really runs smoothly, there is an incident at home in Armentia when they arrive to visit the mines, Zeraphina's betrothed has been chosen by her mother, and he's a extremely awful character who you only wish bad things for especially after what occurs between them both, we also find out Rodden's back story and how he came to have Lharmellen blood flowing through this veins, and it's such a tragic story, you feel so bad for him and I can definitely understand why he's the way he is.
And then the end, I don't know what to say, this book would have to have one of the biggest cliffhanger's I've ever read, and I've read a lot!
It's just cruel to have us read that and then expect us to have to wait soo long to see it resolve itself, and it had better because I just don't think I could handle it if it doesn't.
Fingers crossed the third book comes out in a hurry!
I give this 4.5/5.
A Big Thanks To Random House Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment