Saturday 26 November 2011

Book Review (22).


The Scorpio Races

Publisher: Scholastic Australia
Pages: 404
Genre: Fantasy/Mythology
Age Appropriate: Young Adult
Kate 'Puck' Connolly lives with her two brothers after their parents were killed by the water horses, money is tight and they have to scrape to get by, Puck learns that they're overdue on the house payments and they will be evicted if they don't come up with the money so she joins up to take part in The Scorpio Races riding her actual horse Dove , Puck is the first and only female to ever do so, and the men aren't happy about it.
Puck and Sean end up meeting and training together and a romance between them slowly develops.
The water horses are taken from mythology and I was a bit hesitant at first cause it didn't really sound all that interesting even though I've loved every book Maggie Stiefvater has written, but I loved it was original and exciting and I didn't want it to end.
I loved the characters and Maggie has a way of bringing words to life, you forget for a while that water horses aren't real.
Unfortunately this seems to be a stand-alone novel, I only wish there was more.
I give this 4/5
A big thanks to Nicole @Scholastic Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment