Tuesday 22 November 2011

Waiting On Wednesday (6).

Waiting On Wednesday Is A Weekly Meme Hosted Over At Breaking The Spine.

Blood and Snow (Blood and Snow, #1)

A retelling of Snow White with Witches, Vampires, Zombies, Plenty of gore, and Romance! Snow Whitley is turning seventeen and with her father's recent death she's not up for a big party. Sadly, her step-mother Delora has some other plans in store for her step-daughter. When Delora hires Adam a nineteen year old college student off of craigslist and pays him to take Snow into the woods where her murderer waits, things begin to take a different turn. While driving her out to the woods, Adam begins to fall for the girl and can't help but go back on his word. When Delora learns of his decision, she enlists a vicious Vampire and an army of Zombies to hunt down the two teens and destroy them both. Told in alternating perspectives, "Blood and Snow" takes you on a ride of horror, gore, romance & magic!

Vessel

In a desert land where serpents made of unbreakable glass fly through the sky and wolves made of only sand hunt within storms, Liyana is destined to be a vessel, to sacrifice herself so that her clan's goddess can inhabit her body... but her goddess never comes.

The Sweetest Spell

21st August 2012 Walker Children's
A lyrical and romantic reimaging of The Ugly Duckling for teens.

Emmeline Thistle has always had a mysterious bond with cows, beginning on the night of her birth, when the local bovines saved the infant cast aside to die in the forest. But Emmeline was unaware that this bond has also given her a magical ability to transform milk into chocolate, a very valuable gift in a kingdom where chocolate is more rare and more precious than gold or jewels. Then one day Owen Oak, a dairyman’s son, teaches Emmeline to churn milk into butter – and instead she creates a delicious chocolate confection that immediately makes her a target for every greedy, power-hungry person in the kingdom of Anglund. Only Owen loves Emmeline for who she truly is, not her magical skill. But is his love enough to save her from the danger all around her?


The Raft

Robie, 16, lives with her family on the Midway atoll, a group of islands in the middle of the Pacific. Her parents are scientists; it’s an isolated life. Robie enjoys visiting her aunt in Hawaii – she gets back and forth on a cargo plane that brings supplies to Midway.

During a visit, her aunt is called to the mainland for a work emergency, leaving Robie to get home on her own. On her flight back to Midway the cargo plane hits nasty weather, and goes down. It’s just Robie, the pilot, and Max, a co-pilot she’s never met till this flight, on board. Robie is pulled aboard a raft by Max, who is injured and slipping in and out of consciousness. They have a bag of candy and very little water between them. When they finally reach an island that seems abandoned, Robie hopes they’ll be found quickly. But she’s not sure she was even on the flight manifest. Her parents must be looking for her…aren’t they?

In THE RAFT, S.A. Bodeen creates a hair-raising suspense story that will have readers agonizing over the same question as Robie -- how long can they survive?


The Taken (Celestial Blues #1)

He’s a fallen angel. She’s a rockabilly reporter. Together they must solve a deadly string of murders plaguing the mortal and the immortal worlds.

Griffin Shaw used to be a PI, but that was over fifty years ago when gumshoes hoofed the streets . . . and he was still alive. Now he’s a Centurion, an angel who assists other murdered souls through their journey to the afterlife. But while Shaw might be an angel … he’s no saint. Haunted by the mysterious events surrounding his own death, he seizes a chance to wreak some vengeance when he witnesses a deadly attack on journalist Katherine “Kit” Craig.

Joining forces, the unlikely avengers take to the streets, hunting a killer whose trail of bodies stretches across Las Vegas and into an immortal netherworld. It is a dangerous trek that lead them into the darkest corners of Sin City and into the heart of an evil conspiracy extending beyond the lights of the Strip that could destory them both.

But destruction isn’t the only threat Griffin faces. The closer he gets to Kit, the more he finds himself bewitched by her mortal charms. Can he resist falling under her spell? And does he want to?



Devine Intervention

Heavenly writing, earthy characters, and humor that is wicked as hell.

Heidi is sixteen. Insecure. Unkissed. Unremarkable, she thinks, in every way but one: She has a guardian angel, Jerome, who whispers in her ear all day long, amusing her, confusing her, but hardly ever saying anything that might help her discover who she's meant to be.

Jerome is seventeen (for the seventeenth year in a row.) There is only one thing he needs to do to graduate from heaven's soul rehabilitation program for wayward teenagers: Follow the 10 Commandments for the Dead, and in doing so, keep Heidi safe.

Instead, he accidentally lets her drown.

Plucked from her body before she ever truly lives, Heidi wants more than anything to say goodbye to her family and best friend. Jerome, afraid he's going to be sent to the lowest level of Hell, wants to sneak her into heaven before he gets caught.

Neither realizes that Heidi has only 24 hours before her soul dissolves forever. And that might not be enough time for them to figure out how they were meant to live.


32 comments:

  1. Great choices! I especially like Blood and Snow, and Vessel. Both definitely sound like something I'd enjoy.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Jess
    The Romanceaholic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome choices all-- but anything with a name like "Blood and Snow" has definitely got my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really Awesome picks. The Raft and Vessel looks really good. =] Here is My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the cover of The Sweetest Spell! The book sounds very good! Great choice!

    The Taken sounds very interesting! I like the cover as well. Nice one!

    I've seen The Raft an hour ago. I like the cover! The book sounds very intriguing! I will tell my friend to check this book out since she likes this kind of story.

    Vessel sounds very good! I like the cover, and it looks very intensely interesting! Nice choice!

    The rest of your picks sound very interesting. Great choices!!

    Thank you for sharing them!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  5. All new to me thanks for sharing and stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of those sound interesting, but the retelling of Snow White captured my attention the most.

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to read Vessel. The cover is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Raft looks really good!!! btw im SO jealous that you read Slide. Guess you're from Australia, lucky thing ;)

    - juhina

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Taken sounds really good! And I've been meaning to WOW Vessel :)
    Great picks

    Thanks for visiting
    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh Blood and Snow is new to me and I am SOO intrigued!! Such a cool idea and I love retellings, so this one should be awesome. Super excited for Vessel, The Sweetest Spell and Devine Intervention - they sound so good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your WoW picks!! I've seen Rift around and Vessel was my WoW pick last week. Thank you for introducing me to all these great books!

    And thanks so much for stopping by my blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! OMG! OMG! Most of your picks are all new to me, I haven't heard of them until now, well except Vessel. They all seems like a fantastic reads. Thanks for bringing them into my atention! Going to add them now onto my Goodreads :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many fantastic choices! I am really looking forward to Blood and Snow! Thanks for stopping by my WOW:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Choices they all look great!! :D Thanks for stopping by! :)
    ~Jaiden

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW. So many great books. I want them all. Great picks for your WOW. Come visit me as well.

    Grace
    Livre De Amour-Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  16. OOOOHHHH!!! I <3 the cover of Vicki's new series! So can't wait to read that one either!!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are awesome picks! I just added some in my TBR! =)
    Thanks for sharing!

    Xo,
    April @Books4Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great picks! :D I haven't heard of any of them, but they seem great :)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina

    ReplyDelete
  19. Appart from THe Raft, I've never heard of these. Thanks for pointing them out.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahh! So many great picks! Will there ever not be a great book to read? Thanks for all of the suggestions. My TBR list just got longer!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Blood & Snow sounds awesome I need to add it to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing& for stopping by The Bookish Babes!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow so many great choices! I am especially looking forward to Blood and Snow and The Raft. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have a lot of books this week. You know I've seen a lot of this Vessel book. I'll be inteerested to see how it goes when the book comes out.

    Also the Blood and the Snow book is like Everything is Better with Zombies ! Lol

    Thanks for stopping by !

    ReplyDelete
  24. A lot of amazing choices! I really love the summary for Blood and the Snow and The Taken.


    Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, those are some interesting choices, that first one sounds very intriguing, the one about Snow White, might have to check that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! These all look great!
    Especially Blood and Snow.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hadn't heard of Devine Intervention, but it sounds very funny. And the cover for Vessel is gorgeous. :) Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sarah, you must have some help from a fairy in churning out these awesomely good picks this week. *Sigh* Needless to say my wish list is growing. Hehe

    Btw, I think you and Brodie of Eleusinian Mysteries are in an "unofficial battle" in coming up with lust-worthy books week after week. You both have found a subscriber in me. ^_^

    Btw, thanks for stopping by my blog and reading my WoW post this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh dear, I didn't even realize there is so many awesome books coming! Guess I have to add them all to my wishlist (especially "Blood and Snow" sounds so goood)..! Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. All these look so good!!!! Especially Vessel - I love the book's by it's author. Thanks for stopping by earlier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. All of these sound great! Particularly Blood and Snow. Thanks for picking it so I can know about it!

    ReplyDelete