Tuesday 29 November 2011

Waiting On Wednesday (7).


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight an upcoming release that you're eagerly anticipating.

Poison Heart

An idle glance through the window of a bus changes everything for Katy Rivers.

A mysterious girl, with luminous green eyes, stares back and from that moment on she haunts Katy and appears to know her every move, even what she is thinking. What is the strange connection between them? And what is the power of the emerald pendant which the girl bestows on her?

‘I’m everything you’re not and I’m going to take over your life… I’m your worst nightmare.’

These chilling words mean that Katy is gradually backed into a corner, alienated from everyone she holds dear, even her own mother. Only her best friend Luke, keeps faith and together they must find a way to defeat the girl who is determined that she will be with Katy...even until death. 


Wicked as They Come

Tish Everett has just left an abusive relationship to find herself and take care of her dying grandmother. When she inadvertently steals an antique locket from an estate sale, she wakes up naked in a strange land and assumes she's having the most realistic dream of her life. Instead she meets the man whose portrait haunted her from inside the locket-- magician, carnival ringmaster, and blood-drinker Criminy Stain.

When the locket is stolen, Tish must choose between her supposed destiny with Criminy in the steampunk Victorian world of Sang and a normal life and family in her own world, where she's the only thing keeping her grandmother alive


Oldsoul

Jason Gouvas doesn’t want to believe he has special abilities or that
humanity’s fate rests on his shoulders, but the dead girl in his mind
can be quite persuasive.


Silence

“It began in the graveyard. Ever since her boyfriend Nathan died in a tragic accident Emma had been coming to the graveyard at night. During the day she went through the motions at her prep school, in class, with her friends, but that’s all it was. But tonight was different. Tonight Emma and her dog were not alone in the cemetery. There were two others there—Eric, who had just started at her school, and an ancient woman who looked as though she were made of rags. And when they saw Emma there, the old woman reached out to her with a grip as chilling as death….”

Nightshifted

Welcome to the secret wing of County Hospital—where vampires get transfusions, werewolves have silver allergies, and one nurse is in way over her head…

Nursing school prepared Edie Spence for a lot of things. Burn victims? No problem. Severed limbs? Piece of cake. Vampires? No way in hell. But as the newest nurse on Y4, the secret ward hidden in the bowels of County Hospital, Edie has her hands full with every paranormal patient you can imagine—from vamps and were-things to zombies and beyond…

NIGHTSHIFTED

Edie’s just trying to learn the ropes so she can get through her latest shift unscathed. But when a vampire servant turns to dust under her watch, all hell breaks loose. Now she’s haunted by the man’s dying words — Save Anna — and before she knows it, she’s on a mission to rescue some poor girl from the undead. Which involves crashing a vampire den, falling for a zombie, and fighting for her soul.

Gray’s Anatomy was never like this…


The Hunt

Seventeen-year-old Gene struggles to survive in a society where humans have been eaten to near extinction by the general population. When Gene is chosen to participate in the government-sponsored hunt for the remaining humans, he must learn the art of the hunt but also elude his fellow hunters whose suspicions about his true human nature are growing.

25 comments:

  1. All of these books sound AMAZING! I will be adding them to my tbr pile!

    Happy reading and check out my waiting on Wednesday!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-21-vicious-deep.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hunt looks like it's going to be a great book. I'm definitely adding this to my to be read pile. Thank you, for sharing and for the follow. I'm also following you back as well. :)

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    My Teaser Tuesday!
    My WoW!
    susanhaugland@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poison Heart sounds very good! I like the cover! It's so haunting!

    The Hunt sounds very good! The cover is pretty! LOVEEEE it!!

    The rest of the books looks great!

    Awesome choices! Thank you for sharing!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so, so, so excited for Wicked as they Come!! It looks absolutely delicious! And now I want Nightshifted. Awesome bunch of books you've chosen!

    My WOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. all books look super awesome! great picks! happy reading :)

    Our WoW pick is HERE .

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many good boooks here, definitely adding them on my list.

    Here's my WoW pick
    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh! These are all going on my wishlist. What can I say? I'm a sucker for gorgeous covers and compelling synopsis ;) Great picks!

    My WoW: http://theawesomemagicattic.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-sweet-evil.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for posting the cover for WICKED AS THEY COME! I hope y'all enjoy it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Delilah You're welcome sounds like a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Great picks! Most are new to me, but sound incredible!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome picks! I almost chose POison Heart this week! :)

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a List. Here is my WOW:

    http://mixedbookbag.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-wow-november-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Poison Heart sounds really good. Nice choices! Here's my WoW:
    http://whatsontheshelf.wordpress.com/2011/11/30/waiting-on-wednesday-5/

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Poison Heart cover is beautiful! The vine tendrils wrapping around her arms remind me a bit of the cover of Die for Me by Amy Plum.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is this, like, 'the gorgeous cover edition'?
    Ugh. Where am I going to find the time to read all of these?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Completely off-topic, but you're reading Crave? You lucky thing! I'm so excited to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ Sarah (Saz101) 1st Message.
    I think why the covers are so pretty is I'm completely biased when it comes to book covers. Lol
    2nd Message
    Crave is really good I'm nearly halfway through, and I see that you're reading On A Dark Wing have you gotten to the end of chapter 6 yet?
    When I got to it I was like WHAT THE????????????

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for posting OLDSOUL! I really hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I WANT all of these!

    The Hunt, especially. I haven't heard of a dystopian quite like what's being presented with this one.

    -Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Silence sounds really intriguing!!! I love it, thank you for sharing!

    My pick this week
    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW Great picks! I included three in my post!

    Visit my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooh I love the sounds of POison Heart!!!
    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hadn't heard of any of these books before but they all sound really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Can you die from a covergasm? I don't know if you can but I was in the middle of one with all these exceptional covers being thrust at me!

    Have an awesome reading week!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete