Interview With Cidney Swanson Author Of The Ripple Series.
1. How did you come up with such an original idea?
Well, I had this image in my head that just showed up one day: A girl (who is staring at a river) turns invisible. Only she doesn’t realize it. I was really puzzled by this image. It stuck with me and I wrote the story to figure out (1) why she’d vanished and (2) why she hadn’t even noticed.
2. Any more books in the series after the second one?
Yes, there will be a third book coming out soon!
3. What would you do if you could turn invisible?
Hmmmmm . . . I’d for sure find a large plate glass window and just ripple back and forth through it! Oh, and I used to have these fantasies of walking around in my hometown shopping mall and picking out anything I wanted. Of course, in my “Rippler” world, I wouldn’t be able to grab anything.
4. Did you grow up wanting to be an author?
Absolutely. It’s the earliest dream I had. Hit me about age 7. Oops, I take that back. When I was 6, I wanted to be a magician.
5. When did you first think of yourself as a writer?
Well, promise not to laugh too hard, but I took myself pretty seriously at age 8. That’s when I started my first novel. I wrote the first page. Only. A more serious answer would be that by middle school, it was pretty obvious I was a word-girl.
6. Which author's have inspired you?
JRR Tolkien, Jane Austen, Frank Herbert, George Eliot, Suzanne Collins, Markus Zusak, Maggie Stiefvater, Audrey Niffenegger, and lots more!
7. What are you currently working on?
A story set in a very ancient world, book three in the Ripple Series, and a sci-fi series!
8. Any upcoming appearances you would like to share?
Oh, absolutely! I’m on a blog tour at the moment!
November 5: Romancing-the-book.com
November 8: Sibelhodge.com
Thanks For Your Time Cidney , And I Wish You The Best Of Luck.