Friday 21 October 2011

How Do You Decide What Book To Read Next?

I've always wondered how other people decide what book to read next, I go onto Goodreads and then onto Listopia, pick a topic then start at the top and write down the books I own and work my way down the list, mind you I'll usually read about 5-6 books off the list and then start another list and work on that one and so on.
I know I'm strange but I'm interested to know people's processes of picking what to read next.
So leave a comment and let me know.

4 comments:

  1. I use Goodreads alot too but usually I just go by what I absolutely can't wait to read any longer! My TBR list is sooo long and sometimes I feel a bit overwhelmed!

    Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

    www.storybookloveaffair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the tbr pile, but even though I have so many to read I still have to go out and buy more, It's like an addiction, but in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually browse the bookstore, see what other friends are reading, or go to Goodreads and search. Sometimes, I also check on Amazon. Mostly, I search for covers that I like, or titles, and then read the synopsis and decide on whether I'll actually read it or not...I'm usually very picky, and sadly don't get to read as much as I used to due to writing taking up so much time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I have the LONGEST & most UNORGANIZED TBR EVER EVER! In fact it is really frustrating me :P I am about to create a list of books I have on my TBR & then organize them into smaller categories (books to review by a certain date, books that were gifted by author that need review in exchange for gift, books to review from net galley/library thing/book sneeze,books to review that were released recently, etc.etc.etc.etc.)
    You know what? This post helped me organize my thoughts a bit.
    Thank you..
    New follower.
    TY for visiting & following my Follow Friday post :)
    Books and Beyond

    ReplyDelete