Wednesday 26 October 2011

Waiting On Wednesday (2).

Waiting On Wednesday Is A Weekly Event Hosted By Breaking The Spine That Spotlights Upcoming Releases That We're Eagerly Anticipating.

I Know It's Only Meant To Be One Book But I Couldn't Decide. 



Bewitching (Kendra Chronicles #1) - Alex Flinn
Release Date: March 14 2012
Publisher: Harper Teen

Kendra Hilferty, the witch who curses Kyle Kingsbury in Beastly, tells about her immortal existence-how she discovered she was a witch and the various ways she has used her powers to help people throughout the centuries. (Unfortunately her attempts have often backfired.) As it turns out, Kendra has actually had a hand in "Hansel and Gretel," "The Princess and the Pea," and "The Little Mermaid"-but these are not the fairy tales you think you know! Kendra's reminiscences are wrapped around a real-time version of "Cinderella," except the "ugly" stepsister is the good guy. With dark twists, hilarious turns, and unexpected endings, Bewitching is a contemporary read for fairy-tale lovers, fantasy fans, and anyone looking for more Alex Flinn


Masque Of The Red Death - Bethany Griffin
Release Date: April 24 2012
Publisher: HarperCollins Children's Books

Everything is in ruins.

A devastating plague has decimated the population. And those who are left live in fear of catching it as the city crumbles to pieces around them.

So what does Araby Worth have to live for?

Nights in the Debauchery Club, beautiful dresses, glittery make-up . . . and tantalizing ways to forget it all.

But in the depths of the club—in the depths of her own despair—Araby will find more than oblivion. She will find Will, the terribly handsome proprietor of the club. And Elliott, the wickedly smart aristocrat. Neither boy is what he seems. Both have secrets. Everyone does.

And Araby may find something not just to live for, but to fight for—no matter what it costs her.


Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood #10) - J.R Ward
Release Date: March 27 2012
Publisher: NAL
No synopsis yet but it's Tohr's book!


Balthazar - Claudia Gray
Release Date: March 6 2012
Publisher: Harper Teen

Vampire heartthrob Balthazar More, first introduced to readers in the New York Times bestselling Evernight series, fights for true love in this electrifying stand-alone novel. 

Haunted by memories from his first days as a vampire, Balthazar has spent hundreds of years alone—without allies, without love. When he emerges from his isolation to help Skye Tierney, a human girl who once attended Evernight Academy, Balthazar has no idea how dangerous it will be. Skye’s psychic powers have caught the attention of Redgrave, the cruel master vampire responsible for murdering Balthazar and his family four centuries ago. Having learned of Skye’s powers and the remarkable effect her blood has on vampires, he plans to use her for his own evil purposes. As they stand together to fight the evil vampire, Balthazar realizes his lonely world could finally be changed by Skye...just as Redgrave realizes that he can destroy Balthazar once and for all by taking her for his own. 

In a story filled with forbidden love and dark suspense, one of the most beloved characters in Claudia Gray’s New York Times bestselling Evernight series will captivate readers with his battle to overcome his past and follow his heart 


28 comments:

  1. Alright, I "hate" it how bloggers can influence my wishlist. Whenever I visit new blog friends, *sigh*, they'll be featuring these cool new books and Mauie gets sad because her wishlist only gets longer. Hehe

    Seriously, you picked really nice stuff. I'm sure Bewitching and Balthazar will find their way to me next year.

    Thanks for visiting my WoW entry this week. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks you had for this week! Balthazar by Claudia Gray sounds great. Too bad I don't read YA Fantasy or Paranormal Romance fiction, my focus are Young Adults Realistic and Contemporary Fiction. But it's fun to see what other bloggers have to share their lovely picks on upcoming books. Thank you for sharing!

    Thank you for stopping by!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to pick Masque of the Red Death this week. I love the sound of it.

    My WOW

    Hope you are enjoying All These Thing I've Done. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for the Masque of Death!

    Thanks for dropping by!


    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow loads of books to wait for!
    Awesome pick here's my Waiting on Wednesday post

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will definitely add Bewitching in my TBR! It's the first time I've seen this book! Thank you!

    april (books4juliet)
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow is right! Fantastic picks. You just expanded my TBR. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes to all! Especially Bewitching by Alex Flinn. Love her. Great picks. Thanks for commenting on ours.

    -Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOh! I like the covers for the first two! They're pretty! All sound like good reads! Hope you enjoy them all once they release!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! Lots to choose from. Beautiful covers on many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my, so many choices! I really like the look of Masque of the Red Death. Enjoy!

    Here's MY WOW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi thanks for popping over and joining our Book Blog Hop, new follower hoping you will follow me back at http://www.beckvalleybooks.blogspot.com thks in advance xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm excited for Masque of the Red Death too! Looks kinds of dark, which I love!

    I believe that Bewitching actually has a new cover too! There was an issue with the original cover and another book with a very similar one, so they changed it.

    Great picks for this week! :)

    My WoW at Esther's Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  14. It can be as many as you want! :) Love that you have so many great choices...

    ReplyDelete
  15. i can't WAIT for Masque of Red Death! i love the cover and it sounds so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All those covers look amazing. Belthazar was on my wow a couple weeks ago too. Masque of Red Death looks interesting. Thanks for stopping by! :)

    Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  17. Masque of the Red Death is my pick as well! The cover is awesomesauce!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am seeing Masque of the Red Death all over today, it's definitely going on my wish list! I'm thinking I'll have to check out Balthazaar, too. Great picks :0)

    ReplyDelete
  19. How are you ever going to chose?? So may books! I'm blog hopping from Beck Valley Books. Already following. Pls visit my blog & follow me, too. I have a book giveaway going on now! Growing Old With Grace http://growing-old-with-grace.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow you have some good looking books there.

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So many great choices! I especially can't wait for Balthazar I love the Evernight series. Bewitching sounds really good also and I love the cover. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, I really like the Bewitching cover!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I choose two books for the first time myself this week! You've chosen some good ones. I'm especially looking forward to Balthazar!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really want to read Masque of the Red Death! It is one of my favorite Poe stories.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Masque of Red Death looks like an awesome book. Love the cover. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love Alex Flinn's books! And Kendra was one of my favorites from Beastly. I really wanted to know more about her so I am super pumped about this one.

    Also, I am a huge BDB fan so Lover Reborn cannot come fast enough for me! Great choices this week!

    Come check out my WoW post this week: http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-5-angel-of.html.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I haven't heard of these books especially Masque Of The Red Death but it sounds really good and cover is just fabulous! I'm going to add it on my Goodreads ;) Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi, there!

    Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my WOW! Greatly appreciated!!

    I have "Balthazar" on my wish list. It sure looks terrific!! I've never heard of "Bewitching" or "Masque of the Red Death", but the plots sure seem fascinating, so I'm adding them to my TBR pile. As for Ward, I'll be honest with you -- she's not my cup of tea. The other books, though, are right up my alley!

    Thanks for featuring these exciting reads!! : )

    ReplyDelete