Monday 17 October 2011

Musing Mondays (1).

This Is A Meme Hosted Over At Should Be Reading.

This Week's Musing Asks....
(Do You Judge A Book By It's Cover?)

O.k so I would like to think of myself as someone that doesn't judge a book by it's cover but I do it's just that some covers are so pretty (even if all the people in my house think I'm weird for calling a book cover pretty). Prime example of me judging a cover I refused to read 'Perfect Chemistry - Simone Elkeles' because the cover reminded me of a cheesy 80's teenage romance novel, yet everyone kept going on about how good it was so i succumbed to peer pressure and to my shock and amazement it was one of the best books I've read this year!

4 comments:

  1. I agree :) I don't say I wouldn't read a book because it has a bad cover but I probably wouldn't pick it up in a bookshop.
    Here's my MM post :)
    Have a nice day,
    Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover of a book is like an advert for the contents...

    Here's my Musing Monday post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think book covers can be lovely...why is that weird? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my house I'm the only one that really reads, they just don't understand.

    ReplyDelete